Day 1 : Discover the still and the sparkling wines
Morning : Sound & Light Show, 3D Videos and pictures, a unique concept for a fun and pedagogical visit of the Guinot wine cellar for Blanquette and Crémant. Visit with wine tasting of Blanquette and Crémant de Limoux.
Lunch : in Limoux or around the area (depending on demand)
Afternoon : Meeting the winemakers : visit of the wine cellar, interchange and tasting of typical local wines.
The 3 cellars :
- Domaine de BaronArques,sited in St Polycarpe acquired by the family Rothschild in 1998. They produce 3 wines :
Domaine de Baronarques, Capitelle de Baronarques – red wine
and Domaine de Baronarques, a great white wine
- Domaine de Moscaillo in Roquetaillade
3 wines, AOC Limoux Blanc, Pinot Noir, and Crémant de Limoux
The region of Limoux ist best known for the Blanquette and produces as well great dry white wines. The Chardonnay of this Domaine benefits of the climate influences of the Pyrenees shows a lot of freshness and spreads fruity and floral aromas on a mineral base.
- Domaine de Mayrac biological agriculture
Pioneer ahead of schedule with the progressiv conversion of the land holding into biological agriculture during the 1980s
In 2014 the famous book review of the winemaking world and gastronomy, Gault et Millau, will select 6 of their wines.
Day 2 : Discover the marvels of our region
Your experience in the Haute Vallée de l’Aude ; the history, the mystery, the legends and the imagination L’histoire, le mystère, les légendes et l’imaginaire seront mis à l’honneur !
Our suggestions for the visits
Rennes-Le-Château, a town woldwide known for its mystery around the treasure of Abbé Saunières.
Puilaurens : Cathar Castle perched on a rocky outcrop
L’Abbaye of Saint-Hilaire : Cradle of the Blanquette of Limoux – with its magnificient Gothic cloister where the monks invented in 1531 the first sparkling wine of the world, the Blanquette
Espéraza : Marché typical market on sundays
Dinosaure Museum : A family visit – the whole story about the famous dinosaure since the discovery until the last scientific revolutions.
– Stay from 270 € per person, according to room type –
The offre includes :
- 2 guided tours with wine tasting in 2 vinyard estates
- 1 lunch in a restaurant with wine and coffee
- 1 dinner in a restaurant without beverages
- 1 night with breakfast and personalised welcome
- Optional : discover the wines of the Département de l’Aude with an oenologist, base 6 wines, 2H
- Reservation :AUD’ETOUR – Pascale Le Floch –
- 0033 6 74 08 30 61 firstname.lastname@example.org